So, I’m off to Paris and I’m super excited…mostly excited to maul Ladurée and ingest a disgusting amount of carbs. Amongst the frustrating struggle of deciding which clothes to pack, trying to remember to pack chargers (and pyjamas, I always forget pyjamas), there are a number of beauty essentials that I cannot leave behind as I galavant away to the home of Chanel and Hermès.
Travel Essentials: Paris
I’ve decided to divide these life-savers into two categories: prep and staying power.
- CocoWhite Mint Flavour, £19.99 for 14 sachets – it’s a weird sensation to swirl flavoured coconut oil in your mouth for 5-15 minutes but what’s even weirder is that it works. Your teeth look like they’ve just been bleached (in a good way).
- Apivita Express Beauty with Olive £3 for 2 sachets – a gentle exfoliator to scrub off that gross old skin and start on a fresh new palette.
- Lanolips 101, £10.99 – this multi-purpose balm is a life-saver (not literally, like if you’re in a hostage situation this stuff won’t help but you get what I mean). It can be used on lips or even the elephant knee-skin you have on your elbows.
- Urban Decay B6 vitamin-infused complexion prep spray £22 for full size bottle (mine pictured is the baby) – spray onto your face prior to make-up application to balance your completion so you don’t look a blotchy mess (get it together!)
- Bobbi Brown Vitamin-Enhanced Face Base £38.50 – not only does this smell amaze but makes make-up application smoother and generally look better.
These are the babes with superpowers and some impressive sort of technology which means even if you take a little nap on your travels you won’t wake up looking like Ke$ha (which is a good thing).
- Armani Eye Fluid number 11, £26 – this stuff won’t crease for 16 hours, trust me. So whether you’re sleeping, watching those (mostly) average films or crying (due to various aspects of travelling – but really get over yourself), this fluid will keep your eye lids looking like a Fabergé egg by your arrival.
- Jouer Highlighter in Champagne, £16.75 – I’m all about looking ethereal all the time which is where this little beauty comes in. A dab on the cheek bones will make you look like you were blessed with a killer bone structure and glowing like JLO.
- Eyeko Visual Eyes Liquid Eyeliner, £15 – I’ve tried the majority of liquid eyeliners out there and I would argue this is the best. Not only is it relatively easy to apply (none of them are actually easy to apply – shout out to my winged liner girls) this one stays put, so you won’t turn up to your destination looking like a lost member of KISS.
- Hourglass 1.5mm Gel Mechanical Eye Liner, £36 for a pack of 3 – the softest and darkest black eye liner I’ve come across which makes it perfect for waterline application.
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Loose Powder, £24 – it blurs everything! This literally makes you look airbrushed but like in real life…which is a good thing…always. Perfect to dust on just before your arrival.
If none of the aforementioned heaven-sent products have you looking as flawless as Beyoncé when you arrive, there is no hope for you, I’m sorry.
Travel Playlist: Paris Edition
It’s like a thing now that when you’re travelling you have to make a travel playlist. Here’s my short Paris one – get excited, people!
- Keaton’s Song – Soko (My Dreams Dictate My Reality). She’s Parisian (appropriate) and totally underrated. Keaton’s Song is from her new album and it’s amazing.
- N*ggas In Paris – Jay Z & Kanye West (Watch The Throne). I mean come on, you thought I’d leave it out!? Classic.
- Trap Queen – Fetty Wap. This song is life atm, I’m obsessed so it had to make the list.
- Blessings – Big Sean ft. Drake (Dark Sky Paradise). No comment necessary.
- Madonna – Drake (If you’re reading this it’s too late). Sexy beats and semi-slurred rapping make for a bossy song. It’s one of those songs you want playing in the background as you roll up to your hotel and emerge from the car (minus a Britney/Lohan moment).